Oral Hygiene Techniques in Chula Vista
ORAL HYGIENE TECHNIQUES
DON’T RUSH WHEN YOU BRUSH!
A healthy and beautiful smile depends on good oral hygiene techniques. Good oral health is important not only for your self-esteem but also for your overall well-being.
Oral hygiene is the practice of keeping your mouth clean and disease-free. It involves brushing and flossing your teeth and visiting your dentist regularly for dental X-rays, exams and cleanings.
THE IMPORTANCE OF ORAL HYIGENES
Oral hygiene is preventative care. This means you can stop oral health problems — such as cavities, gum disease, bad breath (halitosis), and other issues — before they start by taking good care of your teeth and gums.
Oral health is also linked to whole-body health. For example, if an infection is present in your mouth, your bloodstream can carry the bacteria to other areas of your body, leading to other health concerns like heart disease and stroke. Keeping your teeth and gums healthy is important to long-lasting overall health.
PROPER BRUSHING TECHNIQUES:
- Place your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle.
- Using a small circular motion, brush the side closest to your cheek, moving slowly until you reach the other side.
- Gently move the brush back and forth in short strokes, paying attention to the gum line.
- Brush every possible surface of your teeth.
- Don’t forget to brush the roof of your mouth and tongue.
- Floss daily to prevent tooth loss.
THE IMPORTANCE OF MOUTH RINSE
THE ADVANTAGES OF GOOD ORAL HYGIENE
- Healthier teeth and gums.
- A beautiful smile.
- Fresher breath.
- A reduced need for dental work such as fillings, crowns, bridges, implants, or dentures.
- A lowered risk of heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and other health concerns.
- A reduced risk of oral cancer.